Read 1 Saints Book/Week. (Vision Series) Type a brief narration. 100 words minimum.
Read 1Chp/Wk. (The Story of the Church- George Johnson)Chose and Complete 2 Qs/Activities from ‘Mastering the Topic.’
– Dictation 3 Paragraph/Week (from Lit. book of your choice)
– Editing 2 passages per week (Qld Reader)
– Spelling 1 Page/Week (Fitzroy)
– Creative Writing To write at least 2 foolscap pages/Week. Type and add to your blog.
– Formal Writing 1 Session per week (Institute for Excellence in Writing DVDs)
– Typing 1 lesson/day (Typing Tutor CD)
Foreign Language – Latin. 3lessons/Week(Latina Christiana)
Literature – The following are to be read and then discussed with Mum and Dad.
Archimedes and the Door of Science – Jeanne Bendick
Brave Buffalo Fighter – John Fitzgerald
The Hidden Treasure of Glaston – Eleanore M Jewett.
Son of Charlemagne – Barbara Willard
King Horn – Kevin Crossley-Holland
Maths – 5 Pages/Week (Singapore)
Science – History of Chemistry- John Hudson Tiner. Read 1 Chp/Week. Photocopy Q sheet and circle answers.
Detailed Research Plans for:
Weeks 1-5 World War 1.
Weeks 6 – 10 Russian Revolution, Roaring 20s and the Depression.
Detailed History Plans for:
World War 1
* Mum has to pre-read for suitability
The Silver Donkey – Sonya Hartnett
The Gallipoli Story – Patrick Carlyon
Soldier Boy – Anthony Hill
Our Enemy, Our Friend (My Story)
The donkey who carried the wounded – Jackie French.
Road to war – Valerie Wilding. (My story)
Biggles Series – Cpt WE Johns (World War 1 titles)
Make Anzac Biscuits
Create a Soldiers or Nurses Uniform.
or dig a Trench.
Research and Writing
Each of the following should be at least 1 paragraph long, many lend themselves to longer.
Create a personal timeline of important dates, also add dates to the Family Timeline book. Include maps where relevant to clarify your information.
Work must be completed by Week 5, Term 3, in computer printed form.
Using the internet sites bookmarked and non-fiction titles from the Library.
1. What event tipped the World into World War 1?
2. List and describe the three types of weapons used at the start of WW 1
3. Name at least two new types of warfare developed during the war.
4. Describe trench warfare.
5. Describe the Battle of Gallipoli. (Include mapwork)
6. What does the acronym ANZAC stand for?
7 Where is the Kokoda Trail? Why is this important in Australian hearts?
8 What was the Light Horse Brigade and where did they fight?
9. List the countries in which Australians fought in? (Include mapwork)
10. Describe the type and use of aircraft in the War.
11. List the Allied nations
12. When did the War end and in which city was the treaty signed?
Chose one of the following as an essay topic.(You may suggest your own topic)
Your essay must be at least 200 words and typewritten.
Due to be handed in at the end of Week 5.
· Write a first-hand account of the impact of WWI on the people back home.
· Write frontline journalistic accounts of one or more of the battles.
– Write a letter back home from the trenches.
Plans for Weeks 6-10 to come: