- Moral Life in Christ – Chp 4 & 5, Read, wrote answers.
- Beginning Apologetics 1. Read 1/2 book already! Marian Documents, Apostolic linage,
- Bible – Reading Genesis, using as copywork
- Reading St Ignatius still nearly finished
- Bible – Copywork 1 page
- Poetry – Recited The Ancient Mariner
- Dictation – A few exercises
- Emperor’s Candlestick – Baroness Orczy
- Better Read Than Dead – Read a little.
- Finished Grade 11 with mathsonline!! Incredible effort, one year in 2 weeks!!!
- Science Matters – 2 chapters, read about nuclear physics and fundamentals of atoms. Wrote 2 essays and submitted.
- History of the Church – Didache. 2 Chapters, study answer questions. Interesting, learning lots, retaining
- Introduction to Catholicism. Chps 4 & 6, The Church and Revelation. Read, wrote answers. Still enjoying the book
- Beginning of Apologetics, Book 1. 2 Chapters, Checking references, consistent prayerlife. Enjoying
- Saints of Old by Margaret Kennedy – St Andrew of Scotland
- All about Spelling – 2 lessons with Mum. Still finding very helpful
- Great Explorations in Editing – 4 lessons.
- Writing With Skill – 2 weeks worth. Needs to work on combining sentences
- Poetry – memorised The Stockman & Waltzing Matilda,
- Trixie Belden & HIVE
- Fallacy Detective – 2 chapters, nearly finished book.
- Mathematics.com – 20 lessons. Broken through his ‘block’ powering along and loving it! wonderful to see:):)
- History of Medicine JH Tiner – Read extra chapters loving it so much. Answered questions
- A Little History of the World Gombrich. – 2 Chapters,
- World Physical Geography – Runkle – 2 chapters, still enjoying, writing answers.
- Catholic Catechism (red book) – Chps 2 & 3, Read answered questions mentally.
- Bible – Reading Luke, Chps 6-9. Select and write favourite verses. Enjoying this approach
- Friendly Defender – 2 Cards, Baptism Discuss and learn verses still enjoying this.
- Catechism – Memorised chapter 3
- Read St Katherine Drexel (Vision Book) still
- Writing With Skill – 1 week, needs hand held
- Great Explorations In Editing – 4 lessons
- Spelling Wisdom – 5 lessons. Very diligent
- Shakespeare – Listened to 2 stories on Librivox, Much Ado About Nothing and ?
- Poetry – A Bush Christening- AB Patterson and One, Two, Three. M’s still loves poetry, impressive memory.
- Touch Typing – making great progress with accuracy (93!) speed, 10/min
Maths – Mathsonline
- Worked well but needs extra support now, up to hard lessons
- Planet Earth – JH Tiner – chapter 6, read and answered.
- Insect Adventures – J H Fabre Read chapter 6 (1/2).
History – RC History
- Finished City of the Golden House
Genevieve, Saxon & Ignatius
- Read Alouds
- Family Under the Bridge
- Horrible Geography Earthquakes (1/3 of book)
- Faith & Life – Chp 3 & 6, Each read and gave oral narration.
- New Catholic Picture Bible – 4 stories. Dictated narration
- More Once Upon a Time Saints – Read Melangell,Moses the Black, ANicholas Postgate, Pharadis – oral narration.
- Catechism – Memorised chapter 3 & 4
- Reading to Mum. Mercy Watson, Amelia Bedelia & Ladybird readers. Powering along in confidence, fluency and speed. So thrilled!!
- Ignatius learnt all sounds up and including capital F
- Copywork – Doing the work but no real interest. Is this the best use of time? Did have a fun morning writing treasure hunt clues, perhaps something more in this area at this stage?? Fun writing suggestions vs copywork?
- Schonell Spelling – 4 lists each week with G, and dictated sentences for each list. How effective is this though? Perhaps I could talk her into using a different approach?
- All About Spelling – Sadly didn’t get there which is a shame as excellent program.
- Shakespeare – G listened to a couple of tales on Librivox, is this effective for Saxon to do? Need to read How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare
- Poetry – Memorising and Recitation Nights wildly popular. G learnt Simple Simon by Spike Mulligan. S learnt My Shadow and Ig learnt Please Porridge Hot.
- Mathsonline continues to be popular but I need to monitor more as the children have hit some harder work. Ignatius will continue to need help with the reading component.
Science – Earthquakes
- Read Horrible Geography Earthquakes (1/3 of book)
- Watched youtubes on Tornadoes, mostly National Geographic and storm chasers.
- Nature Walk in our garden for G.
- Read short stories in old collection
History – Early Church – 1050
- Read Geese of Rome
- Read Roman Soldier (Everday Life)
- Ink Stamping