This year I officially have six students!! From Grade 12 to Kindergarten, can’t believe our youngest is official school age!! Still wrapping my head around it!!
Mariah – Grade 12
This is Mariah’s last year of study, she is wanting to focus on Writing Skills including punctuation, and classic literature. As well as tying up knowledge in several areas including having a good overview of World History including the Wars and Australian History. She wants to complete Didache Scriptures & Morality, Runkle’ s Geography and finish Grade 10 Maths. Mariah will also be studying Auslan at Tafe throughout the year.
Genevieve – Grade 9
Genevieve’s focus this year is to complete all Levels of All About Spelling, towards being a confident speller. She wants to have good running writing skills and to finish up to the end of Grade 9 Maths. She wants to have a good knowledge of World Geography (mapping), and deepen her Faith knowledge particularly the Saints and the Mass.
Saxon – Grade 7
Saxon wants to write a book this year! To be able to name all the plants in our bush, and to complete designing one of his computer/board games so as to be able to sell on Steam! He is also interested in learning more about History.
Ignatius – Grade 5
Ignatius wants to improve his spelling and reading skills and to be ahead in maths. He also wants to learn a bit of coding and photography and to be able to name all the plants in our bush. He wants to learn more about History and Geography.
Sebastian – Grade 3
Sebastian wants to be able to write and spell well, to improve his maths skills even more and be able to read hard book. He also wants to bake more. He want to learn more about Geography and be able to name all the continents.
Siena – Kindergarten
Siena wants to learn to read, and to do maths.
8am – Prayers & Reading Basket 1– All
8:30am – Subject Studies:Science, Nature, History, Geography- All
10:30am – Table Time: Art, Maths & Language Arts
12:30pm – Lunch
1:30pm – Reading Basket 2 / Library Reading Hour
Reading Basket 2 : Middles first, then Teens
Reading Basket Middles: Faith, Literature, Poetry & Group Subject Studies
Reading Basket Teens: Logic, Faith, Literature & Poetry
Library Hour Reading : Alternate whilst waiting
3:00pm – Sewing with Girls
– Nature Walks
– Music Practice
Reading Basket 1
~Morning Prayers & Faith~ All
- Prayers, using the laminated cards to cover some new prayers
- Sing a hymn, each child takes turns to choose
- Read the saint/feast of the day, Colouring Sheets
- Catechism questions
- Friendly Defender Cards
~Subjects – Independent Study~
- Mariah – World Physical Geography – Brenda Runkle
- All – Australian Geography Unit based on Are We There Yet. At least one Term, written by Mum
- Picture and chapter books
- Mega Maps – Map Our Way Around
- All – Australian History Unit based on Our Sunburnt Country, year long unit. Written by Mum
- All – Read picture and chapter books
- Genevieve & Saxon – Biographies,Living Science novels, John Hudson Tiner, God’s Design Set, Australian Animals Unit
- Ignatius, Sebastian & Siena – Living Science books, Young Scientist Set, God’s Design Set, Australian Animals Unit
- Mariah, Genevieve & Saxon: Spanish – Duolingo
4 Rs Daily
1)Faith Instruction/Spiritual – See Reading Basket
2)Maths – Mathsonline
3)Writing – Mariah – Lively Art of Writing – Lucile Vaughan Payne
– All Others – Huge focus on Daily Narrations and Weekly Writing Club
Spelling – All About Spelling
Handwriting – Startwrite
– Boot camp with running Writing
Dictation – Spelling Wisdom
Narrations & Notebooking – Daily!
4)Reading Instruction Siena – All About Reading
Reading Library Hour – Hour daily in the library each afternoon reading quality literature
~Daily Reads 2 ~ Separate Gatherings
*Teens – Genevieve & Mariah
*Middles – Saxon, Ignatius & Sebastian
*Youngest – Siena, sometimes Sebastian
- All – St Patrick’s Summer
- Teens – The Family That Overtook Christ
- Middles – Vision Books
- Youngest – Catholic Picture Books
Poetry Appreciation – ?
Poetry Recitation – Weekly Event, Friday night
- Teens – ?
- Middles – ?
- Youngest – Daily Picture Book
- Teens – Thinking Toolbox
- Sewing: Girls – Machine sewing clothes for Siena
- Art: Genevieve & Boys – Artventure
- Nature Study – Nature Walks & Nature Notebooks
- Home Arts-Baking
- Music Study: Music Practice and Lessons: Drum & Piano
:Composers – Opal Wheeler
- Dance: Swing Dancing, Rock n Roll